Strawberries 'n' Cream Tarts
These pretty tartlets are a yummy treat when fresh berries are in season. I always receive rave reviews whenever I make them, " enthuses Karen Tysdal of Duluth, Minnesota.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 individual graham cracker tart shells
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sugar and
- almond extract. Fold in whipped cream; fold in strawberries. Spoon
- into tart shells. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tart (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese, sugar substitute and 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping) equals 215 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.