Skip the trip to the trendy coffee shop and brew this good-for-you version of latte in the comfort of your own home. Delores Ward of Decatur, Indiana shared this great winter warm-up!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2/3 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- Ground cinnamon or baking cocoa, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and sugar substitute. Whisk over
- medium heat until foamy and steaming (do not boil). Slowly pour into
- mugs. Pour coffee through the foam. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa
- if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk.