Stovetop Italian Macaroni
It’s not every day that a cost-conscious menu pleases both the eye and the stomach, but this scrumptious stovetop entree does just that. —Laila Zvejnieks, Stoney Creek, Ontario
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the tomatoes, water, soup mix, Italian seasoning and
- pepper flakes if desired. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 8-9 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with
- mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 410 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.