Stovetop Beef 'n' Shells
“I fix this supper when I'm pressed for time,” says Donna Roberts in Shumway, Illinois. “It's as tasty as it is fast. Team it with salad, bread and fruit for a comforting meal.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Drain
- pasta; stir into beef mixture and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 339 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.