- keep warm. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables and 1 cup
- juices; skim fat from reserved juices.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and
- water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef and
- vegetables. Yield: 4 servings plus leftovers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 894 calories, 33 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 952 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 72 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.