This recipe is a fresh-tasting, nicely seasoned vegetable side dish that's a cinch to prepare. It puts to good use those tender, garden-fresh asparagus of springtime.Jeanette Lawrence, Vacaville, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, melt butter, combine the bouillon, celery salt
- and pepper. Add asparagus and toss to coat. Cover and cook for over
- medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender,
- stirring occasionally. Stir in soy sauce; serve immediately. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 98 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.