- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk and apple just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Pat into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle,
- about 1/2 in. thick. Spread with butter, then applesauce; drizzle
- with honey. Sprinkle with brown sugar and raisins. Roll up,
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 12 biscuits.
- Place, cut side down, over pecan mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1
- minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.