Stewed Vegetables and Ham Soup
Here's a hearty soup that's not only good but good for you as well. Because of my schedule, I need to have simple yet satisfying dishes that take little time to prepare. This one fills the bill.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the mixed vegetables, ham and
- beans. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pasta and heat
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 187 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 1,332 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.