This fast and yummy side is so easy to make, it will be ready in no time. It is good way to use some of your garden-fresh tomatoes.Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, sugar, butter,
- seasoned salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the tomato
- mixture. Cover and cook 1 minute longer or until thickened and
- bubbly. Yield: 3-4 servings.