This is my husband's favorite way to enjoy rhubarb. He has it for breakfast over his cereal or for dessert, either plain or over ice cream.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Add sugar and
- cinnamon; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or
- until sauce reaches desired consistency. Cool. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with sugar substitute) equals 13 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.