Steamed Haddock Bundles
Haddock fillets and corn are steamed inside packets made from cabbage leaves in this attractive entree from Sophie Lis. The East Peoria, Illinois reader seasons the dish with chives, parsley, vinegar and lemon-pepper.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 haddock fillets (3-1/2 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse
- with cold water; pat dry.
- Place each cabbage leaf on a double layer of heavy-duty foil (about
- 15 in. x 12 in.). Place 1/2 cup corn on each leaf; top with a fish
- fillet. Sprinkle with vinegar. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over
- Wrap cabbage leaves around fish; fold foil around cabbage and seal
- tightly. Place the packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for
- 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 each equals 166 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,