Steamed Fish and Vegetables
Everyone who tries this dish is amazed at how simple it is to prepare. Plus, it's tasty and low in fat.Marilyn Newcomer, Menifee, California
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 whitefish fillet (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Place fish on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Add the
- vegetables and sprinkle with the lemon juice, parsley, lemon-pepper
- and dill. Fold foil over and fold in edges twice, forming a pouch.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully
- open pouch and allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.