Steamed Broccoli and Squash
Writes field editor Drorothy Smith of ElDorado, Arkansas, "This hot side dish pairs two colorful vegetables and a savory dressing. I never have leftovers."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine the broccoli and squash in a steamer basket; place in a
- saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover
- and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine
- the remaining ingredients. Remove vegetables from steamer; drizzle
- with oil mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 86 calories, 18 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.