Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Sauce
"My husband created this smooth tangy sauce back in the 60's," recalls Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine. "It complements the steamed artichokes, whether they're served warm or cold."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 6 medium fresh artichokes
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Place the artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place the
- basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam
- for 25-35 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and hot
- pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and salt-free seasoning blend) equals 102 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.