Steaks with Mushrooms
I cut the small steaks off a good roast purchased on sale, then individual wrap and freeze them so just the number needed can be taken out.Jeanette K. Cakouros, Brunswick, Maine
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless beef sirloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Rub both sides of steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet,
- cook steaks in butter until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Serve with steaks.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.