- add beef. Turn gently to coat; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or work,
- stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon hot canola oil for 3 minutes or until no
- longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet, stir-fry the
- peppers, onion and ginger in remaining canola oil for 3 minutes or
- until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir 1 minute longer.
- Stir reserved soy sauce mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lettuce,
- water chestnuts and reserved beef. Cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups stir-fry mixture, calculated without rice) equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.