Steak Sandwich Kabobs
Seasoned steak skewers are grilled with bread and veggies and topped with provolone cheese for a fantastic meal. Coleslaw, spruced up with chopped walnuts, is a great side for the kabobs.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning. Alternately thread the beef, red
- pepper, bread cubes and onion onto four metal or soaked wooden
- skewers; brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat
- reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Top with cheese;
- grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw and walnuts. Serve with kabobs.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 597 calories, 33 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.