This classic meat pie recipe really hits the spot on a cold winder nights. The With steak, vegetables and gravy, it's so satisfying.Kristin Shaw, Castleton, New York
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mushroom or beef gravy
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown beef in butter. Remove beef;
- season with pepper and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the
- vegetables, water and thyme. Stir in the gravy. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are thawed.
- Stir in beef; remove from the heat.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles. Starting from the wide
- end of each triangle, roll up a third of the length and place over
- beef mixture with pointed ends toward the center.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.