- Uncover; stir in the potatoes. Cook until heated through. Spoon meat
- mixture into a greased 7-in. pie plate or 2-cup baking dish.
- For the crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter
- and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a
- fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out pastry to fit baking dish. Use a small cookie cutter to cut
- a shape in the center of the pastry; place pastry over meat mixture.
- Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of dish; flute edges. Brush with
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned
- on edges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 933 calories, 54 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 2,303 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.