- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top with Swiss cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Place buns, cut side down, on grill for 1-2
- minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green onions in
- remaining butter until tender. Serve burgers on buns; top with
- French-fried onions, mushroom mixture and tomato and lettuce if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 833 calories, 55 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 1,143 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.