"Give leftover stead and bake potatoes a flavorful face-lift," suggests Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. Green pepper, onion garlic powder lend just enough seasoning to the easy brunch dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until
- tender. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat
- for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through, stirring
- Add steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 5 minutes longer or until heated through and
- cheese is melted; keep warm. Prepare eggs as desired. Divide hash
- among four plates and top with an egg. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 253 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.