Steak 'n' Cheese Subs
Debbie Stadtler of Fredericksburg, Virginia calls for flank steak in her easy, cheesy subs, but you could use any kind of leftover steak. “I like to serve them with extra ketchup for dipping,” she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound cooked beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 French rolls, split
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, onion and Worcestershire sauce
- for 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon onto roll bottoms;
- sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with ketchup. Replace roll tops.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 417 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.