- salt and pepper until blended.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill over
- medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with steak seasoning. Grill, covered,
- over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5
- minutes before slicing.
- Spread cheese mixture onto toasts; top with steak and onion mixture.
- Drizzle with vinegar. Yield: 16 appetizers (3/4 cup tomato jam).
Nutrition Facts: 1 bruschetta equals 185 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.