Darlis Wilfer of Phelps, Wisconsin contributes a sensational salad to our menu. Her sweet-and-sour carrot dressing perfectly complements a combination of lettuce, tomatoes and peppers.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender. Cover
- and process until smooth. In a salad bowl, combine the greens,
- peppers, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and
- toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.