- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onions and garlic over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste,
- water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Discard bay leaves. Serve with
- Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup sauce (calculated without spaghetti) equals 298 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.