- thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, tomato paste and broth until
- smooth. Gradually stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Stir in the peas, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drain potatoes and parsnips; mash with milk, butter, remaining salt
- and pepper. Serve with meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup meat mixture with 3/4 cup potato mixture equals 369 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.