Squirmy Wormy Sandwiches
My sister and I came up with this recipe while thinking of spooky, ghoulish foods for a Halloween party. You can also serve the "worms" as an appetizer on party picks with BBQ sauce for dipping. —Diane Eaton, Campbell, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Cut each hot dog into eight strips. In a large skillet, saute hot
- dogs in oil until golden brown.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and
- Liquid Smoke if desired; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich (calculated without Liquid Smoke) equals 417 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.