Squash and Pepper Skillet
Mom knew how to get us to eat our vegetables - she'd serve this colorful blend of fresh zucchini, summer squash and peppers! It's tasty enough to please the whole family and makes a wonderful potluck addition.
-Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the
- zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and garlic; stir-fry for 12-15
- minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.