Meet the Cook: Even people who don't like zucchini comment on how flavorful this is! If you want, you can also bake the stuffing by itself and serve it as a side dish.
-Bernadette Romano, Shaftsbury, Vermont
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 slices white bread, torn into coarse crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion, parsley
- and basil until the onion is tender. Add zucchini and continue to
- cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, egg,
- cheese, salt and pepper.
- Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken on one side to form a
- pocket. Stuff each breast with the zucchini mixture. Bake at
- 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is done. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 498 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium,