Wonderful Italian seasonings blend perfectly in this yummy and versatile squash side dish.
—Vicki Schurk, Hamden, Connecticut
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and onion in oil for
- 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients;
- cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 37 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.