This colorful side dish is perfect for a potluck and a great way to use up your summer bounty of tomatoes and squash. The mild seasoning lets the garden-fresh flavor of the tender vegetables shine through.Jen Stutts, Florence, Alabama
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in oil until
- crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, tomato and garlic, saute 4-5
- minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3
- cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.