These make a nice addition to a cookie exchange, bake sale or gift tray.Judith Scholovich, Waukesha, Wisconsin
84 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Chopped red and green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add
- to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a wreath-shaped disk, press dough
- onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with cherries. Bake at
- 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield:
- 6-7 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.