Spring Greens with Berries
"My busy sister-in-law gave me this refreshing salad recipe years ago, and it quickly became a favorite with my family—just as it is with hers," writes Vikki Peck in Poland, Ohio. "It’s crisp, colorful, goes together in a snap and complements a variety of entrees. Plus, the dressing can be refrigerated several days for make-ahead convenience."
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, oranges, berries and almonds. In
- a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients;
- shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 157 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.