Although this is known as Spring Corn, the taste reminds me of summer's sweet varieties of those golden kernels. My aunt shared the recipe in a family cookbook.
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook corn according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a
- small skillet, saute onion in butter. Add the sugar, mustard,
- parsley and reserved corn. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 166 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.