- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in water and extracts. Remove 1/2 cup frosting to a small bowl;
- tint with black food coloring. Frost cupcakes with remaining white
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert a
- small round #5 tip; fill bag with black frosting. Decorate cupcakes
- with black frosting and candies as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 360 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.