Spinach Wild Rice Quiche
From Ephrata, Pennsylvania, Leah Zimmerman writes, "I turn to this recipe when entertaining a small group or looking for a quick Sunday meal." Swiss cheese and spinach make this quiche tasty, but a store-bought pastry shell and last night's wild rice make it easy to assemble.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup Vegetable Wild Rice or cooked wild rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Add rice, cheese, bacon and
- spinach; mix well. Pour into prepared crust. Cover edges of pastry
- with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 275 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.