“Not only is this simple dish nutritious and meatless, it also offers the goodness of spinach,” says Charleen Berkers of Palgrave, Ontario.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add
- garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the spinach, lemon juice,
- tarragon, salt and pepper; saute for 2 minutes or until spinach is
- Drain vermicelli; toss with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup pasta with about 1 tablespoon cheese equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,