Spinach Turkey Burgers
Looking for a change-of-pace burger? Try these pretty sandwiches from C.A. Hedges of Clarence Center, New York. Instead of beef, the burgers are filled with spinach and turkey for a succulent switch to the usual grilled fare.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup stuffing mix, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Cheese slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, broth, Italian seasoning,
- salt, pepper and half of the spinach (save remaining spinach for
- another use). Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into
- four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat
- for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce
- and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 503 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.