Spinach Tuna Casserole
"After a busy day of bookkeeping for our family contracting business, I count on this rapid recipe my mother passed along to me," relates Nancy Adams of Hancock, New Hampshire. "I double it if I need to feed unexpected guests who stop by at mealtime."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Combine the
- mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice; add to tuna mixture and mix
- Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 711 calories, 53 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,457 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon