Spinach Tomato Linguine
Chock-full of garden freshness, this colorful toss makes an excellent side dish or meatless entree. "Sometime I substitute penne pasta and add cooked chicken for a heartier main meal," says Rosemary Averkamp of Genoa, Wisconsin. "Using garlic-flavored feta cheese is a great touch."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, spinach and onions in oil
- until tomatoes are softened. Sprinkle with salt and garlic salt.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese; until heated through.
- Drain linguine; transfer to a serving bowl. Add tomato mixture; toss
- to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 357 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.