“This is a delicious and easy roll for a side dish or just by itself,” Isabel Mancini attests from Youngstown, Ohio. “Someone always asks for the recipe, so I bring printed copies whenever I take it to a potluck.”
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, egg and
- onion. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, roll pizza dough
- into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle; seal any holes. Spread spinach
- mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal ends and
- place seam side down. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve warm. Yield: 14 slices.
Nutrition Facts: 2 slices (prepared with reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, egg substitute and reduced-fat butter) equals 224 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.