- absorbed. Gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Remove
- from the heat; stir in the sherry or additional broth, mustard and
- lemon juice. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Grease and line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment
- paper; grease the paper. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; set aside. In a
- large bowl, combine spinach, butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg and egg
- yolks. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff
- peaks form. Gradually fold into spinach mixture. Gently spoon over
- bread crumbs; press down lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until center springs back when
- lightly touched. Cover with a piece of greased foil; immediately
- invert pan onto foil. Gently peel away parchment paper.
- Spread 1 cup mushroom sauce over spinach mixture to within 1 in. of
- edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and
- peeling foil away while rolling. Cut into slices. Reheat remaining
- mushroom sauce; serve with spinach spirals. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.