I've taken this dish to many church and school potlucks, and every time I serve it, it seems that several people ask for the recipe. At home, I usually serve it with homemade muffins and some fruit.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 packages, (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash nutmeg
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese and eggs. Add spinach, 1-1/4
- cups cheddar cheese, salt and nutmeg. Spoon into greased 12-in. x
- 7-1/2-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until set, about 45
- minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese
- and let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.