Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing
This lively salad is packed with brain boosters! Straight from our Test Kitchen, the spinach leaves and colorful fruits are topped with crunchy pecans and a curry dressing.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup orange segments
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- On two salad plates, arrange the spinach, orange segments, onion and
- blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the
- dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2-1/2 cups equals 210 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 fruit.