This easy dish only takes about 10 minutes! It is a great accompaniment to any entree.Jeanette K. Cakouros, Brunswick, Maine
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups torn baby spinach
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the
- spinach, water and parsley. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt
- and pepper. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 7-10
- minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.