“I adapted this recipe from one of my cookbooks, using reduced-fat ingredients to make it lighter. It’s a family favorite—especially when something quick is needed!” Pam Kaiser — Mansfield, MO
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the spinach, onions, tomato, lemon
- juice, cumin and garlic powder over medium heat until spinach is
- wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly among three tortillas. Top with
- remaining tortillas. Cook in a large skillet coated with cooking
- spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated
- through. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve with sour
- cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 wedges with 2 teaspoons sour cream equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium,