- pan. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- minutes. Pour over the meat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked meat with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 262 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.