Spinach-Pine Nut Pasta
“This is a fantastic recipe,” assures Katie Graczyk of Darien, Illinois. “It’s easy to prepare with a taste that rivals dishes served in fancy Italian restaurants.”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.6 ounces) Alfredo sauce mix
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, stirring in the tomatoes
- and spinach during the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in
- a small saucepan, combine milk and Alfredo sauce mix. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup
- pine nuts and salt.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; toss with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with
- remaining pine nuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 337 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.