Spinach Pie Parma
For a hearty pie with a lovely Italian flavor, try this recipe. Spinach has never tasted so good!Nancy Reichert, Thomasville, Georgia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the croutons and butter. Press onto the bottom of
- an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. In a bowl, combine the spinach,
- cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese,
- sour cream, onion and garlic salt. Spoon over crust. Bake at
- 350° for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato slices; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 241 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium,