Spinach Pancake Quesadillas
Anna Free of Plymouth, Ohio gives a savory twist to pancakes with this fancy treatment. Leftover pancakes, folded over spinach filling, become a special lunch or side dish for dinner when garnished with sour cream and tomatoes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large pancakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream and chopped tomato, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain
- well and chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and nutmeg until
- blended. Stir in the spinach. Spread over pancakes; sprinkle with
- cheeses. Place each on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is
- melted. Fold in half; top with sour cream and tomato if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.